BOLT(r) introduces an innovative new Hood Lock developed to protect valuable engine components of popular Jeep JK models. STRATTEC(r) Security Corporation created the BOLT Jeep JK Hood Lock in response to Jeep owner feedback.
To prevent theft and tampering while offering one-key locking convenience, the BOLT Jeep JK Hood Lock features advanced technology which permanently programs the lock to the owner’s vehicle ignition key and eliminates the need for extra keys. Once the ignition key is inserted into the lock cylinder, spring-loaded plate tumblers move up and down until they are matched exactly to that key. The first time the key is rotated, the cylinder is uniquely coded to that key.
The BOLT Jeep JK Hood Lock is available for all JK models including the Wrangler, Wrangler Unlimited, Rubicon and Rubicon X from 2007 on. Crafted with automotive-quality stainless steel, the low-profile Hood Lock offers damage-free installation using a tight-fitting rivet system that fits into existing holes.
Jeep JK owners can incorporate the entire series of BOLT locks with the Hood Lock to protect the spare tire, trailers and equipment with one-key access. Products include:
* BOLT Jeep Spare Tire Lock fits OEM alloy wheel, replacing one lug nut with a weatherproof, automotive-quality stainless steel lock shutter.
* Designed to secure trailers both in tow and not in tow, the rugged BOLT Coupler Pin Lock slides easily along a stainless steel pin.
* BOLT’s 5/8-inch Receiver Lock prevents theft of trailer ball mount or accessories, features a durable, solid stainless steel lock shutter designed to keep out elements and debris, and a plate tumbler sidebar that prevents picking and bumping.
* The rugged Padlock, for a range of applications, features a chrome-plated hardened steel shackle and a double ball bearing locking mechanism, made of weatherproof, corrosion-resistant automotive grade stainless
* Flexible BOLT Cable Locks are made from six-foot long 1/4-inch black vinyl- coated coiled cable, feature a crush-resistant body shell and an auto-return spring which locks automatically when key is removed, securing equipment, cabinets, storage compartments and more.
BOLT locks come with a limited lifetime warranty. Find a BOLT retailer by using the zip code finder, www.boltlock.com/retail-finder, or purchase from the BOLT website at http://www.boltlock.com/shop. BOLT locks are also available at 4-Wheel Parts stores, Action Car and Truck Accessories, Advance Auto Parts, Auto Value, Bumper to Bumper Auto Parts, Canadian Tire, Lordco Auto Parts, Pep Boys, and Summit Racing Equipment retailers. For more information, visit www.boltlock.com.